Friday, April 1, 2011

Using Black Candy to Decorate Cake Pops



Black Candy is great way to decorate your Cake Pops. You can use black m&m's as ears on your Cake Pops. The uniform shape of the m&m gives the Cake Pops very clean look and feel. You can also use black licrorice ropes and cut them into circles to use as ears or as eyes shown here on the Panda Pops. I love the AmeriColor pens and often use the black one to draw eyes, noses or mouths on the Cake Pops.

Black Fondant is a great decorating tool. You can roll it out and use flower cutters, cookie cutters or any tool to create shapes, letters, patterns, designs, numbers that will give your Cake Pops the wow factor.




2 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy!! I absolutely love your blog!! You'r cake pops are outstanding! I really like your green one with the sprinkles........ how did you get the sprinkles to stay only one certain spots like in the 3 lines? Because I tried at home and I wasn't able to dip the cake pops in 3 lines and put the sprinkles on it........but anyways i really like your panda pops how did you come up with the idea of doing panda cake pops anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous.......

    I used caramel dip for candy apples. I used a small baking brush and dipped it in the caramel. Then I painted stripes around the Cake Pop using the caramel and sprinkled the Cake Pop with sugar crystals. I use this same technique with with Karo Syrup or candy wafers.

    I got the idea for the Panda Pops from Bakerella, the Cake Pop queen. I did use different black candy than what Bakerella used but she was the designer of the Panda Pop.

    By the way, how did you find Cake Pop Central?

    Thank you for being my first post.

    ReplyDelete