Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How I Made My First Converse Sneaker Cake






 I started with a sheet cake and cut out 3 identical cake shoes using a template that I created by tracing the bottom of an actual converse shoe. I added buttercream and crumb coated the cake. I then carved the front of the shoe using the actual shoe as my guide.
 I placed the crumb coated cake in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set the crumb coating and then I added another layer to try and smooth out the buttercream before adding the fondant.
 



I traced the side of the actual shoe along with the top of the shoe with wax paper and cut out the fondant using the wax paper template.  I placed the tongue on the shoe first. Followed by the right and left sides of the shoe. I rolled out white fondant and wrapped it around the base of the shoe.

                                                                                 
 I used Wilton White Icing to trace the stitching on the shoe. I also used an extruder to create the black sticking along the base of the shoe.



 
 

 The Shoe Laces were created by rolling out white fondant and using a textured mat to imprint on the shoe. I cut small strips and then glued them into the eyelets using gumpaste clue.
The eyelets were made by rolling out fondant and using a #2 and @10 icing tips to create the eyelet. I cut out the middle and then sprayed them with Wilton gray spray.


                                                                     
 The converse emblem was created using sugar sheets which were cut out and placed on the shoe using gum paste glue.














 Tada!!!! I was so excited. The final product turned out great along with the converse shoebox cake.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment